Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lady Gaga

I very much enjoyed reading your posts regarding the bell hooks video. The one drawback to the video is that it is very much a product of the 1990s, so the examples she uses are not as fresh and current as they could be. As I was reading about your views of Madonna, I kept thinking about who I consider to be, in many ways, the "new Madonna" : Lady Gaga. As someone in my late 30s, Madonna was very much packaged to my generation as the the vanguard in female rebellion and as a feminist provocateur.  I am curious to hear your thoughts on Lady Gaga.  Do you think Lady Gaga is a feminist?  What do you make of her image and her music videos?  Do you think she is a good role model for young women and girls? What does she mean to you personally? Please write a brief blog (a paragraph will suffice) as a follow up to today's blog where you respond to Lady Gaga and feminism.

No comments:

Post a Comment